The following documents and information is required for import of motor vehicles in to India:
- Original manufacturers invoice / value evidence / price list
- Original passport
- Residence proof (property papers, rent receipt, electric bill etc)
- Original bill of lading
- Vehicle catalogue/brochure/write up/owners manual etc
- Keys of the vehicle (incl remote alarm activator/deactivator)
- Physical location of engine number on the vehicle
- Physical location of chassis number on the vehicle
- List of standard accessories available with the vehicle
- List of optional accessories imported with the vehicle
- Evidence of the actual freight paid.
- Insurance policy / certificate
- Authorization letter in favour of clearing agents
- Signatures on import declaration forms
Although Ship2India.com has tried to make the above information as accurate as possible, Ship2India.com accepts no responsibility for any loss or inconvenience sustained by any person resulting from information given above. Ship2India.com encourages you to verify any critical information with the relevant authorities before you book the consignment.