1. What are the documents required for import of pets into India as unaccompanied baggage / manifested cargo?
Ans: Following documents are required for import of pet into India
- Microchip Number
- Vaccination Card
- Health Certificate
- Passport Copy of Owner / Caretaker
- E-Ticket Copy of Owner / Caretaker
- Copy of the airway bill (Unaccompanied only)
- Based on the above NOC can be obtained
2.How long will it take to import a pet into India as unaccompanied baggage?
Ans: If all documents are sent 7 working days in advance, an NOC can be obtained within 2 to 3 days and pet can be cleared within one day. Preparation is key.
3.Can I do the pet import by myself?
Ans: Yes you can import by yourself provided you have someone in India who can obtain the No Objection certificate. But it is best left to professionals because there are many rules and regulations, which you need to be aware of, else it can be a very time consuming and frustrating process.
4. What are the customs duties and govt. taxes for Import?
Ans: There are no customs duties / taxes for export from India. However for import into India customs duties / taxes are applicable and are usually in the range of about USD 100 to 200 per pet, but it can vary depending upon the breed.
5. How many pets can I import at a time?
Ans: You can only import in to India 2 pets person.
6. What kind of pets can be exported from India or imported into India?
Ans: Any Family pets, including Dogs, Cats, Birds, Reptiles, Horses can be imported. For other animals and species special permit will be required.
Disclaimer: Although Ship2India.com has tried to make the above information as accurate as possible, Ship2India.com accepts no responsibility for any loss or inconvenience sustained by any person resulting from information given above. Ship2India.com encourages you to verify any critical information with the relevant authorities before you book the consignment.